Southwest Baptist University’s Zeta Kappa chapter of the Delta Mu Delta international honor society in business inducted 11 new members on Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2014. The induction ceremony was conducted by the current chapter officers at McClelland Dining Facility on the SBU campus.
Delta Mu Delta is an international honor society established to recognize and reward superior scholastic achievement of students in business administration. The society was founded by a dean from Harvard University and four professors from Yale University and New York University in November 1913. Membership is by invitation only and is based upon the student’s grade point average (minimum of 3.25), class rank (upper 20 percent), and individual character.
Kara Safford was the guest speaker at the induction ceremony. Safford graduated from SBU in 2013 with a bachelor’s degree in management and marketing. She was inducted into Delta Mu Delta in 2011 and served as the chapter vice-president in 2012. Safford is currently a clinic account specialist for Citizens Memorial Healthcare.
The 2014-15 Zeta Kappa officer team consists of Danielle Epperson, president; Samantha Wolle, vice-president; Megan Roark, secretary; and Hailey Turner, treasurer. Dr. Ronda Credille, chair of the department of business administration and professor of business administration, and Dr. Troy Bethards, dean of the college of business and computer science and associate professor of business administration, serve as faculty advisers.
The new inductees of the Zeta Kappa chapter of the Delta Mu Delta honor society are:
- Clayton Gray, senior computer information science major from Schell City, Mo.
- Nathan Hughes, senior computer information science major from Omaha, Neb.
- Kristof Kinal, senior computer information science major from Budapest, Hungary
- Julia Lewis, junior intercultural studies and international business major from Joplin, Mo.
- Brandon Martinsen, junior economics/finance major from Morrisville, Mo.
- Christine McIntire, junior accounting major from Bolivar, Mo.
- Garrett McLeod, junior accounting major from Bondurant, Iowa
- Tori Morris, junior accounting major from Miller, Mo.
- Jarod Robillard, junior accounting major from Nixa, Mo.
- Thomas Strubinger V, junior management major from Auburn, Ill.
- Fanni Varga, senior management major from Budapest, Hungary
For more information, please contact Bethards at tbethards@SBUniv.edu.