The Southwest Baptist University Department of Computer and Information Sciences has formed its 2014 Alumni Advisory Board. The board includes representatives from two Fortune 500 companies, Wal-Mart (1st) and Boeing (30th).
Those board members are joined by 11 other representatives from other highly-respected and innovative companies. The complete 2014 CIS Alumni Advisory Board is listed below.
- Tim Rutherford ’93, Federal Reserve Bank, Kansas City, Mo.
- Scott Kimball ’01, Nokia-Siemens, Dallas, Texas
- Jessica Funk ’03, Wal-Mart Information Systems Division, Bentonville, Ark.
- Jennifer Kaylor ’04, ECi, Jefferson City, Mo.
- Nichole Turnage ’05, Oklahoma Baptist University CIS department, Shawnee, Okla.
- Michael Van Devender ’08, Inter-state Studios, Sedalia, Mo.
- Jesse Lewis ’09, Boeing, St. Louis, Mo.
- Rebecca LaChance ’11, Accenture, Bolivar, Mo.
- Ryan McGlaughlin ’12, Garmin, Overland Park, Kan.
- Brooke Dudley ’12, Jack Henry & Associates, Springfield, Mo.
- Sarah Van Devender ’12, Inter-state Studios, Sedalia, Mo.
- Jordan Hull ’13, BNSF, Wichita, Kan.
- Weston Herrington ’13, Jack Henry & Associates, Springfield, Mo.
“We are very proud of our alums,” said Dr. Tim DeClue, chair of the CIS department at SBU. “They are perhaps the clearest indication of the quality of our program, and the fact that these global companies and organizations have chosen them for leadership positions is quite the endorsement. Our program was blessed when they were here as students, and we were blessed again as they agree to come back and help us chart our course over the next few years.”
The CIS Alumni Advisory Board met on the SBU campus Oct. 3. For more information about SBU CIS, please contact DeClue at (417) 328-1704 or tdeclue@SBUniv.edu.