Southwest Baptist University’s Zeta Kappa chapter of the Delta Mu Delta international honor society in business inducted 13 new members Tuesday, Oct. 20. Current chapter officers conducted the induction ceremony at Randolph Chapel on the SBU campus.
Delta Mu Delta is an international honor society established to recognize and reward superior scholastic achievement of students in business. A Harvard University dean and four professors from Yale University and New York University founded the society in November 1913. Membership is by invitation only and is based upon the student’s grade point average (minimum of 3.25), class rank (upper 20 percent) and individual character.
Kalena Bruce was the guest speaker at the induction ceremony. Bruce graduated from SBU in 2008 with a degree in accounting. Bruce is currently a co-owner of Integrity Tax and Accounting in Bolivar, Mo.
The 2015-2016 Zeta Kappa officer team consists of Tori Morris, president; Thomas Strubinger V, vice-president; Christine McIntire, secretary; and Garrett McLeod, treasurer. Sharla Bailey, assistant professor of accounting, serves as faculty advisor.
The new inductees of the Zeta Kappa chapter of the Delta Mu Delta honor society are:
- Kristen Blair, a junior management major from Shawnee, Kan.;
- Rebecca Brandon, a junior economics/finance major from Alton, Mo.;
- Stephen Davis, a junior accounting information assurance major from Bolivar, Mo.;
- Jessica Fabro, a junior accounting major from Billings, Mo.;
- Melody Glasgow, a junior marketing major from Bolivar, Mo.;
- Reagan Katz, a junior computer information science major from Hampton, Iowa;
- Brady Kornrumpf, a senior computer science major from Jefferson City, Mo.;
- Hollie Lundstrom, a junior marketing major from Willard, Mo.;
- Katherine Mahon, a junior accounting major from O’Fallon, Mo.;
- Kelli McNabb, a junior computer science major from Clever, Mo.;
- Blaise Onyiaike, a senior computer science major from Nigeria;
- Kensey Slone, a junior international business major from Kansas City, Mo.; and
- Joseph Wagner, a junior accounting major from Joplin, Mo.;
For more information, please contact Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.